Hey there, I’ve just now uploaded my first song to SoundCloud!
It’s a (not-that-good) cover of the super-celebrated Neil Young song “Hey Hey, my (into the black)” (live version here Live in Bercy 2013)
I’ve enjoyed playing and recording it on my couch, in a free November afternoon.
The instrument I used to record the song are:
- a Cort “El Cheapo” electric guitar, from the ’90ties, customized with Seymour Duncan ’59 (neck), Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro (center), and Dimarzio Super Distortion (bridge) pickups. I used the bridge pickup within the song, for the lead part.
- a brand new Yamaha FX370C acoustic guitar, with a piezo pickup under the saddle. It’s the guitar on the background.
- a Gretsch Electromatic G5700 lap steel guitar, for a solo part, open D tuned.
- a brand new Harley Benton Kahuna CLU Ukulele Bass
- a Line 6 Sonic Port VX music interface for recording guitars and voice
- a MacBook Air with Garageband 10.1.0 – the drummer track is completely electronic and almost automatically created by Garageband.
Here it is!
Sure, I should play and study a lot more, but I am quite satisfied with the final quality and the amusement I had while playing, recording, mixing and sharing!
comments are welcome, but don’t shoot the guitar player!